domingo, 13 de julio de 2014

STINKY

STINKY FEET
.
As a late teenager and a young man I used to suffer from this common ailment. When the problem dragged on for quite a few years, it became quite a nuisance to me and others. No product on the market would really solve the problem in a permanent manner, never mind fast. I finally decided to do some basic research on bacteria causing this problem and on materials used in manufacturing of footwear. I also remembered few bits of knowledge from lessons in chemistry and biology.
Then I did the following:
I'd purchased a mickey of vodka and a few pairs of wool socks with no plastic content. I collected all my shoes, boots, and slippers. I threw out all those, which were made from plastic, into garbage. I collected all my socks and threw out all that were higher than 15% plastic content into the garbage as well. That was the first thing I did. I got rid of plastic and made sure that I had sufficient quantity of socks and foot wear made from natural materials like leather, cotton, wool and linen, to keep me out of trouble for the time.
Next I grabbed a few plastic bags, a few paper towels, all my remaining shoes and boots, the mickey of vodka and a chair. Then I wrapped my feet up to my ankles in paper towels and poured some of the vodka on both my toweled feet. I made sure that all the towel was wet and that it was also tucked between all my toes. Then I stuck my feet into one plastic bag (shopping) and let the vodka do its job.
While sitting there, I took one shoe after another and wiped (very wet) their inside with another paper towel soaked in vodka. I kept throwing the shoes into another plastic (garbage bag) and I let them sit there for an hour.
I removed the vodka soaked towels from my feet after half an hour. I figured that doing it for any longer than that would be unprodutive and might do me more wrong then good. Then I rubbed Nivea skin cream on my feet to return some moisture into my now dried skin and I pulled on clean natural fiber socks.
It hurt for awhile where my skin was all cracked, while I had my feet in that garbage bag. But a ply of unhealthy dead skin peeled off from my feet a few days later where I had spots of the rash on my soles. It all disappeared and healed within next two weeks and my feet came out of it like new. I disposed of the remaining vodka internally, but that was not really meant to help my feet.
Ever since, I have never worn the same pair of socks once taken off without having them washed first. I have never "plugged" my work boots or any other shoes with my dirty socks "for another day". I have never kept my shoes or boots in damp or poorly ventillated places and I have always rubbed some after shave on my feet after having to walk barefooted in public showers and such.
I have also began purchasing as thick socks as possible and avoided thin dress socks. I keep avoiding acrylic, nylon, polyester, unknown fibers and any other plastic etc. as much as I can. I walk barefoot out doors during the summer whenever possible and I prefer to wear open sandals to shoes. The very few times during the past 25 years, when it seemed that my feet might be getting a bit smelly again, I wiped them with an after shave and pulled a clean pair of socks on, that was it! I have never had a need to buy any powder or lotion against smelly feet since.
Disclaimer:
This story is just a story. It is illegal for a Joe Blow like me, with no medical degree, to give any medical advise in most countries. The story is not in any way meant and to be construed as such. It is only meant as an educational article intended to illuminate whom ever may be interested. I do not claim that what I did is any universal method of helping one self out of a medical condition, in case that stinky feet are considered to be a medical condition. All I am telling is the true story of my own experience and an experience of a few members of my family and friends, who heard my story and decided to duplicate what I had done and what I keep doing if needed.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario